According to STATSAccording to STATS
New York Jets at Los Angeles Chargers
- The Jets and Chargers will meet for the seventh time in the last 15 years, with the Chargers winning five of the previous six. This week's matchup will be the lowest combined winning percentage at the time of the game between these teams at .111 (36 all-time meetings).
- The Jets are coming off their bye after losing their ninth straight game to the Patriots in Week 9, 30-27. They led the Patriots for 43:01 of game time, but gave up 10 points in the final two minutes of the game to remain winless. New York has lost each of its last four games coming off a bye week.
- The Chargers fell at the Dolphins last week, 29-21, their eighth game this season decided by one score, most in the NFL. Since the start of 2019, the Chargers have lost 16 games by eight points or fewer, four more than the next closest team (Cincinnati, 12).
- Joe Flacco passed for three touchdowns against the Patriots after the entire Jets team combined for four pass TDs in the first eight games. The Jets are averaging 4.92 yards per play with Flacco under center compared to 4.27 with Sam Darnold as QB.
- With two passing touchdowns last week, Justin Herbert became the first rookie in NFL history to throw multiple touchdowns in six straight games. He has accounted for 22 total touchdowns (19 passing, 3 rushing), most by any rookie in his first eight starts.
- This game will feature three of the bottom five players in average yards per rush this season (minimum five attempts per team game). Those players are the Chargers' Joshua Kelly at 3.19 (third lowest), the Jets' Frank Gore at 3.57 (fourth lowest) and the Jets' La'Mical Perine at 3.60 (fifth lowest).
No preview is available for this game